– Mike Konzen, Chairman “Today we are in an Experience Economy, with a Transformation Economy hot on its heels. You can stay in the elusory safety of past practices and keep on doing the same things you’ve always been doing – in which case, mark my words, you too will be commoditized.” – Joe… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, Principal and Chair PGAV’s John Wilmas is the Stair Ninja. (More on that in a bit.) He is also a great example of our new generation of leaders at PGAV. John is not an owner, officer, department head, senior creative, or project leader. He is a valued assistant, with responsibilities that… Continue reading.
Hark, the herald retailers sing! It’s time for holiday gifting and wish listing! While Gen.-Z will never know the joy of circling their faves in holiday catalogs, the curated list of gifts is still alive and well in the form of Instagram influencers and Oprah’s Amazon list. I love a good list of good… Continue reading.
By Joe Poelzl, architectural designer Anyone who has ever seen where I sit at work knows that PGAV steadily generates electronic waste. Computers get refreshed here on a regular basis in order to keep up with the demands of emerging technologies, and the old computers start to pile up fast. On average, PGAV phases out… Continue reading.
– By Dave Cooperstein, senior creative designer July 13, 2018 marked 20 years ago that I started this amazing adventure at PGAV Destinations. And I don’t regret it for a second. Over the past 20 years, I’ve worked with some of the most talented minds in the Themed Entertainment and Attractions industry. They’ve taught me what… Continue reading.
– By Karen Baker, senior director of branding and marketing Attraction Leader, I see you… losing sleep over seasonal staffing, weather-dependent special events, wayfinding, cooperative marketing, per caps, queue lines, dynamic ticketing, aging infrastructure, social media, and the next BIG attendance driver. Working in tourism began early with my first job out of college, helping… Continue reading.
– By Joe Poelzl, architectural designer Every year at PGAV, we pick a new cause for our “Conservation Awareness Campaign.” In our inaugural year, we raised awareness of the illegal ivory trade and the poaching of elephants, which was a big success, and led to new legislation to ban ivory trade in Missouri. In year… Continue reading.
Imagine the possibilities. Join the movement. @DowntownStLouis #STLCREATIVECORE
– By Carol Breeze, exhibit designer Yellow was never my favorite color, and yet I fell in love with the guy who started Yellow Wednesdays at PGAV. He did not do it alone – the best things happen when we put our heads together – and I wasn’t there, but I think it goes… Continue reading.
The PGAVia team hopped right in to this year’s cause: frogs! Frogs and toads are important indicator species – they are among the first animals affected by environmental changes, which means they can tell us a lot about the health of an ecosystem. Like last year’s bee-centric Pollinator Café, our challenge was to figure… Continue reading.