Make Your Workplace a Forum for Ideas. “Ideas Won’t Keep. Something Must Be Done About Them.”– Alfred North Whitehead What can a chocolatier and a news anchor teach a bunch of creatives? As it turns out, quite a bit. Over the past year, a talented group of PGAVers established a new program called PGAV Presents. The concept… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, CEO This July we are celebrating America’s space program. Fifty years ago on July 20, 1969, Neal Armstrong became the first human to walk on the moon’s surface. Forty-two years later on July 21, 2011, Space Shuttle Atlantis landed at Kennedy Space Center, concluding STS-135, the final mission of NASA’s storied… Continue reading.
– Mike Konzen, Chairman “Today we are in an Experience Economy, with a Transformation Economy hot on its heels. You can stay in the elusory safety of past practices and keep on doing the same things you’ve always been doing – in which case, mark my words, you too will be commoditized.” – Joe… Continue reading.
Hark, the herald retailers sing! It’s time for holiday gifting and wish listing! While Gen.-Z will never know the joy of circling their faves in holiday catalogs, the curated list of gifts is still alive and well in the form of Instagram influencers and Oprah’s Amazon list. I love a good list of good… Continue reading.
By Joe Poelzl, architectural designer Anyone who has ever seen where I sit at work knows that PGAV steadily generates electronic waste. Computers get refreshed here on a regular basis in order to keep up with the demands of emerging technologies, and the old computers start to pile up fast. On average, PGAV phases out… Continue reading.
PGAV kicked off the new year by asking top attraction managers what trends they were watching in 2018. A multitude of great opportunities are evolving to enhance the guest experience and visitor engagement with emerging technologies; read on to discover how today’s industry leaders plan to harness that potential! The Georgia Aquarium “Utilizing… Continue reading.
– By Ben Cober, director of business development and research “The newcomers are just looking for the same thing we are; a place to be free, to stake out our dreams, a place with unlimited possibilities.” Dolores, played by Evan Rachel Wood, reflects in HBO’s hit first season of “Westworld” what the park’s… Continue reading.
– By Stacey Ludlum, director of zoo and aquarium planning and design In December, I trekked the Indian Himalayas for two weeks in search of snow leopards with Spanish couple I didn’t know, a tour guide, and five local trackers. It was as cold as you can imagine – reaching temperatures of -35°… Continue reading.
– By Tony Schmidt, exhibit designer Darting off for a weekend getaway to places like Pittsburgh, PA to see cultural destinations is the kind of journey that makes PGAV GO so amazing. “You travel to break away from everyday constraints – the office, the agenda, the schedule, the routine… It’s a world you… Continue reading.
– By Teague Peak, architectural designer India (adj.) mystic, exotic, colorful, warm, vibrant, aromatic, enchanting, festive, Bollywood, street food, tuk tuk, kingfisher, etc. The trip was a rather spontaneous decision; we had kept busy with domestic travel, visiting destinations within the Midwest region. Thanks to the PGAV GO program, we had covered… Continue reading.