– By Dave Cooperstein, senior creative designer and Justin Stichter, Attraction Designer / Project Manager Just as a car needs constant input of gas to go, or a city constant input of energy to light the night, a factory of creativity needs constant input of inspiration. Imagining never-before-conceived roller coasters, unique solutions to animal welfare, or… Continue reading.
Back-to-school season is in full swing and if today’s students are anything like we were, they’re already counting down the days until their first field trip of the year! For teachers, a field trip is a great opportunity to expose their students to new experiences that broaden their horizons, reinforce classroom lessons, empower students… Continue reading.
– Mike Konzen, Chairman “Today we are in an Experience Economy, with a Transformation Economy hot on its heels. You can stay in the elusory safety of past practices and keep on doing the same things you’ve always been doing – in which case, mark my words, you too will be commoditized.” – Joe… Continue reading.
When Your Project is on Life Support: Part 3 – Cage Match: Steel vs GFRP Rebar in Animal Habitat Construction
– By Jedd Pellerin, project architect Details matter in the design of animal habitats. Even the details that guests will never see because they are buried in a four foot thick concrete slab. Rebar (or reinforcing bar) is a critical component of most modern, reinforced concrete construction. This includes the concrete walls and slabs that are… Continue reading.
– By Karen Baker, Sr. Director of Marketing and Branding When was the last time you visited another country? Were there times you felt uneasy? Or even unwelcome? On a very basic level, visitors to a country want to feel both safe and welcome. While this seems obvious and straight-forward, not feeling welcome… Continue reading.
– By Jedd Pellerin, project architect Brand new zoos and aquariums are not built every day. Therefore, much of the design and planning work we do at PGAV is for existing facilities. Carrying out renovation work in these facilities while still keeping the doors open, the animals safe, and maintaining a high-level guest experience, offers… Continue reading.