– By Jeannette Cooperman, Ph.D., writer & Mike Konzen, CEO Virtual “live” music sustained us through lockdown, but as wonderful as those concerts were, the grids of musicians playing in their own homes felt a little hollow. What was missing was their ability to hear us; to know our response. No energy was bouncing back from the audience. When you work in travel and tourism, you know that energy. A good hotelier,… Continue reading.
– By Jeannette Cooperman, Ph.D., writer & Mike Konzen, CEO If you’re part of the travel and tourism industry, you’ve been reeling these past two months. What if people just shelter at home, more or less, for the rest of their lives? What if they’re too frightened to ever venture to an unfamiliar… Continue reading.
The last year of the decade was a thrilling one for PGAV, with grand openings for our clients, big changes in our studio, and new insights from attraction guests around the world. Scroll onward to revisit the stories that were on our designers’ minds throughout the year! Attraction Openings The brand-new, 120,000… Continue reading.
2019 was PGAV’s biggest blogging year yet, with new authors, new projects and programs to celebrate, and 25 posts throughout the year! We’re counting down the eight most popular posts of 2019 in this annual round-up to explore the biggest trends and headlines of our final year of the decade. 8. Inspiration Doesn’t… Continue reading.
Just because it’s cold outside, doesn’t mean that zoos around the country close their doors and send all their animals to hibernate for the winter. Instead, a team of caring keepers, animal experts, and experience designers work hard to ensure that the animals are safe, have opportunities to stay active, and that visitors can… Continue reading.
– By Emily Howard, Vice President Today marks an important day in the United States – Veterans Day – when we honor all those who have bravely served our country. Throughout history, men and women in uniform have served the United States to enable us to pursue the lives we desire. As attraction designers,… Continue reading.
– By Mark Jarman, Designer I came to the world of themed entertainment just a few years ago after spending most of my career making video games and teaching college students about game design and production. One thing I discovered when I first arrived at PGAV Destinations was a nascent intuition that the… Continue reading.
– By Maura Murphy-Pusateri, Designer / Art Director We are thrilled to introduce Designer / Art Director Maura Murphy-Pusateri! After engaging in fascinating studies across the world – Theater and English in Denver, Art History and Theater in London, Fine Arts in Chicago, and more – Maura can usually be found elbow-deep in… Continue reading.
The cool breezes are beginning to rustle through the trees once more, carrying faint smells of cinnamon, campfire smoke, and the naturally-dried potpourri of autumn harvest. With the winds come the rustle of broad tree leaves, followed by the gentle cascade of fiery oranges, reds, and yellows. Fall has returned. With warm memories of… Continue reading.
Back-to-school season is in full swing and if today’s students are anything like we were, they’re already counting down the days until their first field trip of the year! For teachers, a field trip is a great opportunity to expose their students to new experiences that broaden their horizons, reinforce classroom lessons, empower students… Continue reading.