PGAV Destinations provided full architectural services for PortAventura, including master planning, siting, construction art direction, construction administration, and carrying the project from design development through construction documents.
PortAventura was the first international full-park installation for PGAV Destinations. Conveniently located near Barcelona, PortAventura is the largest destination resort in the Mediterranean and the second largest destination resort in Europe and the first in Southern Europe.
PortAventura operates a 160-acre family-oriented theme park, as well as an integrated destination resort. Every year PortAventura welcomes approximately four million visitors who enjoy its 39 rides, more than 100 daily shows, 48 restaurants, 31 shops, a dedicated kids’ area, and an aquatic park, all of which evoke the excitement of travel to exotic places. The park’s key nodes include the Mediterranean, Polynesia, the Far West, China, and Mexico. Four themed hotels offer 2,000 total rooms, and the convention center can accommodate up to 4,000 people.
Awards and Achievements
- Best European World Theme Park, World Association of Parks
- Gold Sustainability in Tourism, Travelife
- Best Theme Park in Europe, Kirmes & Park Revue
- Best Amusement Park in Europe, Worldofparks.eu
- Best Theme Park in Europe, Zoover Awards
- Certificate of Excellence, TripAdvisor