– By Jeannette Cooperman, Ph.D., writer & Mike Konzen, CEO If you’re part of the travel and tourism industry, you’ve been reeling these past two months. What if people just shelter at home, more or less, for the rest of their lives? What if they’re too frightened to ever venture to an unfamiliar… Continue reading.
– By Jedd Pellerin, Project Architect My wife, kids, and colleagues will tell you that I (probably too often) extoll the benefits of early-bird dinners, never grocery shopping on the weekend, Sunday morning matinees, TSA Pre-check, and off-peak visits to resorts and attractions. I’ve always been a bit of a social distancer, somewhat… Continue reading.
– By Diane Lochner, Vice President The IAAPA Expo 2019 Museum Day Session on The Emotion-Based Museum Experience was an opportunity to reflect on a design process that comes naturally to us at PGAV Destinations. Our focus is the visitor and our designs engage the visitor in interesting, surprising, and compelling ways. There are three… Continue reading.
The last year of the decade was a thrilling one for PGAV, with grand openings for our clients, big changes in our studio, and new insights from attraction guests around the world. Scroll onward to revisit the stories that were on our designers’ minds throughout the year! Attraction Openings The brand-new, 120,000… Continue reading.
2019 was PGAV’s biggest blogging year yet, with new authors, new projects and programs to celebrate, and 25 posts throughout the year! We’re counting down the eight most popular posts of 2019 in this annual round-up to explore the biggest trends and headlines of our final year of the decade. 8. Inspiration Doesn’t… Continue reading.
– By Sarah Aman, Desginer Snowcation: [snoh-kay-shuh-n] noun A period of suspension of work, study, or other activity to visit someplace snowy. As designers of amazing destinations, it’s only logical that we seek inspiration by visiting amazing destinations ourselves. These trips are not only fun vacations – they are also tools in… Continue reading.
The holiday gift-giving season is right around the corner, and if you have children, your attic doors and basement closets have been welded shut to keep curious eyes from spoiling the surprises. Assuming you don’t possess the year-long foresight and planning prowess of a diligent elf, you’re probably scrambling to check off your naughty… Continue reading.
Just because it’s cold outside, doesn’t mean that zoos around the country close their doors and send all their animals to hibernate for the winter. Instead, a team of caring keepers, animal experts, and experience designers work hard to ensure that the animals are safe, have opportunities to stay active, and that visitors can… Continue reading.
Visitor emotions are at play in every aspect of their museum visit. Learn how to improve exhibits using the techniques of emotional story mapping, which connect people to content in dynamic ways. Find out how to create a cohesive and memorable visit by scaffolding the visitor experience from the moment they enter to when they… Continue reading.
– By Emily Howard, Vice President Today marks an important day in the United States – Veterans Day – when we honor all those who have bravely served our country. Throughout history, men and women in uniform have served the United States to enable us to pursue the lives we desire. As attraction designers,… Continue reading.