June 3, 2019 — Jedd Pellerin
– By Jedd Pellerin, project architect Details matter in the design of animal habitats. Even the details that guests will never see because they are buried in a four foot thick concrete slab. Rebar (or reinforcing bar) is a critical component of most modern, reinforced concrete construction. This includes the concrete walls and slabs that are… Continue reading.
May 6, 2019 — Karen Baker
– By Karen Baker, Sr. Director of Marketing and Branding When was the last time you visited another country? Were there times you felt uneasy? Or even unwelcome? On a very basic level, visitors to a country want to feel both safe and welcome. While this seems obvious and straight-forward, not feeling welcome… Continue reading.
April 3, 2018 — Ben Cober
– By Ben Cober, director of business development and research In our latest issue of Destinology, The Fight for Attendance: The Attraction of the Non-Attraction, we explored the success of impermanent attractions such as festivals, sporting events, tabletop games, streaming television, and exercise, and offered tactics for destination managers to adopt some of… Continue reading.
February 20, 2018 — PGAV Destinations
PGAV kicked off the new year by asking top attraction managers what trends they were watching in 2018. A multitude of great opportunities are evolving to enhance the guest experience and visitor engagement with emerging technologies; read on to discover how today’s industry leaders plan to harness that potential! The Georgia Aquarium “Utilizing… Continue reading.
December 5, 2017 — Dave Cooperstein
– By Dave Cooperstein, senior creative designer Over the course of one week in March of 2017, I experienced the re-birth of an institution, the start of a new life together, and celebrated a beautiful life well lived. All of the events of that week had a profound effect on me, and all… Continue reading.
May 16, 2017 — Ben Cober
– By Ben Cober, director of business development and research “The newcomers are just looking for the same thing we are; a place to be free, to stake out our dreams, a place with unlimited possibilities.” Dolores, played by Evan Rachel Wood, reflects in HBO’s hit first season of “Westworld” what the park’s… Continue reading.