– By Karen Baker, Sr. Director of Marketing and Branding When was the last time you visited another country? Were there times you felt uneasy? Or even unwelcome? On a very basic level, visitors to a country want to feel both safe and welcome. While this seems obvious and straight-forward, not feeling welcome… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, Principal and Chair PGAV’s John Wilmas is the Stair Ninja. (More on that in a bit.) He is also a great example of our new generation of leaders at PGAV. John is not an owner, officer, department head, senior creative, or project leader. He is a valued assistant, with responsibilities that… Continue reading.
– By Ben Cober, Director of Business Development and Research Time and again through our Destinology research, we learn how travelers are always seeking something “authentic:” places where something real happened in history, natural places untouched by human hands, or unique things that couldn’t be done elsewhere. In fact, 80% of travelers cite this as… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, Chairman “Legacy is not leaving something for people. It’s leaving something in people.” – Peter Strople Want to build a lasting legacy? Believe in those who will follow in your footsteps. I learned this from the example of two of PGAV’s founders, Fred Guyton and Mark Viets. I am part… Continue reading.
– By Jedd Pellerin, project architect Brand new zoos and aquariums are not built every day. Therefore, much of the design and planning work we do at PGAV is for existing facilities. Carrying out renovation work in these facilities while still keeping the doors open, the animals safe, and maintaining a high-level guest experience, offers… Continue reading.
Hark, the herald retailers sing! It’s time for holiday gifting and wish listing! While Gen.-Z will never know the joy of circling their faves in holiday catalogs, the curated list of gifts is still alive and well in the form of Instagram influencers and Oprah’s Amazon list. I love a good list of good… Continue reading.