– By Mike Konzen, Chairman “Legacy is not leaving something for people. It’s leaving something in people.” – Peter Strople Want to build a lasting legacy? Believe in those who will follow in your footsteps. I learned this from the example of two of PGAV’s founders, Fred Guyton and Mark Viets. I am part… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, principal and chair “I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist . . . Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” – John Steinbeck One of the astonishing… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, principal and chair “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” -Eleanor Roosevelt It’s one of my favorite events of the year: my annual lunch with the interns. This year they are Aoran, Hannah, Sarah, Jing, Amy, Peter, Nick, Blake, Marniece, and Casey.… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, principal and chair There’s an old saying, often attributed to former Speaker of the House Tip O’Neil, that “all politics are local.” He meant that a politician’s national success is directly tied to the issues that matter to their constituents at home. Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, principal and chair 9% of U.S. adults interact with their cell phones during sex, according to a recent study. Did that crazy statistic get your attention? Because getting and holding your attention, it turns out, is becoming more challenging. This same study by Harris Interactive also cited 12% of… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, principal and chair “I just don’t get bumper cars.” This is what my friend Hannah said as we watched guests at Busch Gardens Williamsburg wham into each other on the Der Autobahn Bumper Cars in the Oktoberfest node. It is really pretty silly when you think about it. I was… Continue reading.