– By Mike Konzen, CEO This July we are celebrating America’s space program. Fifty years ago on July 20, 1969, Neal Armstrong became the first human to walk on the moon’s surface. Forty-two years later on July 21, 2011, Space Shuttle Atlantis landed at Kennedy Space Center, concluding STS-135, the final mission of NASA’s storied… Continue reading.
– Mike Konzen, Chairman “Today we are in an Experience Economy, with a Transformation Economy hot on its heels. You can stay in the elusory safety of past practices and keep on doing the same things you’ve always been doing – in which case, mark my words, you too will be commoditized.” – Joe… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, Principal and Chair PGAV’s John Wilmas is the Stair Ninja. (More on that in a bit.) He is also a great example of our new generation of leaders at PGAV. John is not an owner, officer, department head, senior creative, or project leader. He is a valued assistant, with responsibilities that… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, Chairman “Legacy is not leaving something for people. It’s leaving something in people.” – Peter Strople Want to build a lasting legacy? Believe in those who will follow in your footsteps. I learned this from the example of two of PGAV’s founders, Fred Guyton and Mark Viets. I am part… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, principal and chair “I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist . . . Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” – John Steinbeck One of the astonishing… Continue reading.
– By Mike Konzen, principal and chair “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” -Eleanor Roosevelt It’s one of my favorite events of the year: my annual lunch with the interns. This year they are Aoran, Hannah, Sarah, Jing, Amy, Peter, Nick, Blake, Marniece, and Casey.… Continue reading.